The New Pharex Complaince Pouch for Cholesterol



60% of patients with heart disease fail to comply with their medication, study shows

I am one of many Filipinos who have high cholesterol, hypertension, and enlargement of the heart. At this early year of 40, I have acquired these because of improper diet, lack of sleep, stress, and lack of exercise. For more than a year now, I have been advised to take my maintenance just to make sure that none of these diseases worsen. However, there are times that I forget to take my medications. 

It is so important to adhere to medication for a patient like me with cardiovascular disorders to ensure that my health is on tiptop condition. My cardiologist explained that in order to prevent any more health problems I have to take my medicines religiously. High cholesterol as what I understand could cause a lot of disorders if not treated. Like for example, enlargement of the heart. The heart won't go back to it's normal size as before. To prevent more enlargement, I have to treat my high cholesterol which is also one of the factors that triggers my hypertension. Hypertension is one of the factors that causes enlargement of the heart.

I am one of the 60 percent of patients who are not complying with the prescribed medication by the doctors. Sad to say, I always forget to take my medication especially when I am in a hurry to go to work. I know how important it is to take my medication for high cholesterol especially that cardiovascular disease is hereditary. My dad was bed ridden for 3 years before he passed away and my mom had two strokes already. I have five children and I am worried about my health, but always forget taking my medicines and sometimes it is because of lack of budget.

According to a study published in the American Heart Association, cardiovascular disease remains to be a major problem because of non adherence to medication which leads to poor clinical outcomes, frequent hospitalizations, and increased mortality.



To prevent the worst consequences of heart disease, expert says that religious compliance to medication should be a top priority—starting from curbing the risk factors associated with the disorder.

“One of the risk factors for developing heart disease is having high blood cholesterol levels, which increases the risk of formation of plaques and atherosclerosis,” said Dr. Amado Nazal, medical director of Pharex HealthCorp. “If our patients will comply with their medication from the moment their doctors instructed them to lower their cholesterol levels, then we will be able to keep their condition from worsening.”


He added, “We believe that many patients fail to adhere to their medication because of the costs that come with it. However, medication need not be expensive. This is why at Pharex, we provide optimum health assistance to these patients through maintenance medicines that are not only of high quality but also affordable.”

Pharex HealthCorp., the most prescribed brand of medicines, offers quality maintenance medicines that are designed to help curb high cholesterol levels at an affordable price.

With Pharex’s 15-day Compliance Pouch for Cholesterol, patients will be able to comply with their medication to prevent tendencies of having chronic cardiovascular diseases.

“Fat as a result of bad cholesterol can build up on the walls of your heart’s arteries, which suppresses the smooth blood circulation that’s crucial to our body system’s functions,” Nazal said.

When arteries are narrowed down or blocked, the heart will not be able to pump blood to the other parts of the body, Nazal added. “Too much cholesterol weakens our heart, therefore putting to risk our lives.”



“With the new Pharex 15-day Compliance Pouch for Cholesterol, we are assuring patients of three things: first, they can conveniently bring their medicine whenever and wherever they go as it is packed in a resealable foil pouch. Second, it’s affordable and accessible to leading drugstores nationwide.Lastly, healthcare professionals proved and tested the effectiveness of the medicine, making it a top choice for people who have high cholesterol levels,” said Nazal.

Nazal concluded, “Failure to comply with medication could cost our lives more than we realize. Now that the new Compliance Pouch for Cholesterol is here, patients will be more able to improve the quality of their lives without the added costs.”

Good thing there's the new Pharex 15-day Compliance Pouch which is affordable and I can just bring it anywhere I go!

The new Pharex Compliance Pouch is available in all leading drugstores. For more information, you may contact 4338088 (local 820).








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6th Jollibee Family Values Awards: Gabi ng Parangal Para sa Pamilyang Pilipino 2016

Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card Discounts and Rewards

Asia Digital Marketing Conference 2016