Bert Lozada Swim Lesson with my Kids

When I was in grade school, I never knew how to swim and just pretended that I can and learned by myself during our field trip, which I know is not enough to just learn how to float and stay in place. So, in high school I had a formal swim lesson and sad to say it was not enough for just one summer class, 'cause when I entered college I tried out for the competition and didn't get to join the actual event due to lack of confidence and training.

Now that I'm a mom I really want my children to learn how to swim not to compete, but for healthy lifestyle and because Filipinos love to go on outing, it's very important for them to know how to swim and be confident on their own. In the future, if they want to pursue the sports, I will support them 100 percent!


I am so grateful that we had a chance to be part of the moms and kids "Learn How to Swim" in Bert Lozada's Swim School which took place at the Ace Water Spa in Pasig City last June 13, 2019. I may know how to swim but I still lack confidence and my swim strokes are not good anymore. So, I'm sharing here our great experience with Bert Lozada Swim School and their best trainers.


Before dipping we did our warm ups and grouped according to age. My kids are in good hands, so I joined other moms and titas' swim lesson. It was a good experience going back to basics since it's been years since I practiced swimming. The trainers are excellent in addressing our needs and concerns in swimming. My kids were not even scared, instead I saw them having fun with their groups. We're all satisfied and happy with our experience and decided to have my kids continue with the swim lesson program.

Bert Lozada Swim School Lesson


1. BABIES

My Baby and Me Program
6 months to 3 years old

An aquatic program designed to teach parents and children to be familiar with the water.
Parents are taught how to help their child to be confident and happy in the water, and encourage learning through fun activities. 
This program will prepare your infant/toddler physically, psychologically and socially for more structured swimming lessons later in life.

LEVEL 1: Starfish
(Water Explorer) Age 6 - 12 months
A pre-swimming class with the parent in the water.

LEVEL 2: Puffers
(Water Familiar) Age 1 - 2.5 years
For children who are eager to participate with parent in the water.

LEVEL 3: GUPPIES
(Water Safety) Age 2.6 - 4 years
Teaches children to perform basic water safety.

LEVEL 4: Penguins
(Water Confident) Age 2.6 - 4 years
For children who are eager to participate with or without parent in the water.

LEVEL 5: Seals
(Water Independent) Age 2.6 - 4 years
For children who are independent from parents and have more confidence in the water.


2. KIDS

4 years old and above

Their comprehensive program can teach an absolute beginner both survival skills and sound swimming skills in the four main swimming strokes.

This program graduates into 6 levels as the swimmer develops his/her skills and begin to enjoy the sport more competitively

LEVEL 1: Snapper 1
Age 4 years old and above

For children who are afraid of the water or little or no swimming experience.

LEVEL 2: Snapper 2
Age 4 to 6 years old

For children ready to work without the parent or caregiver and are developing 10m Survival Swim and 10m Dog Paddle.

LEVEL 3: Jammer 1
Age 7 years old and above

For children who are developing 15m Survival Swim and 15m Basic Freestyle

LEVEL 4: Jammer 2
Age 7 years old and above

For children who are developing 15m Backstroke and 15m Butterfly

LEVEL 5: Jammer 3
Age 7 years old and above
For children who are developing 15m Breast Stroke and Advance freestyle mechanics


3. SWIM SQUAD 

Age 5 years old and above

A pre-competitive swim program with supervised coaching, open to individuals who can swim all four strokes (freestyle, butterfly, breaststroke, backstroke).


4. ADULTS 

16 to 85 years old

Proper breathing techniques and stroke correction for adults with or without any background in swimming.

INTRO TO SWIM
Teaches comfort in the water, confidence, and being in control: the ability to be yourself in water,
whether it's shallow or deep, pool, lake, or ocean. Being able to rely on yourself—not on the bottom
or the side of the pool—for your safety. shallow or deep, pool, lake, or ocean. If you’re afraid or not
comfortable in the water, this is the perfect program for you!

BASIC
Teaches fundamental skills like floating, arm & leg action and breathing in a stress-free,
encouraging atmosphere.  Focuses on survival stroke and freestyle.

ADVANCE 1
Stroke drills and expert coaching allow you to develop perfect technique in breaststroke and backstroke.

ADVANCE 2
Stroke drills and expert coaching allow you to develop perfect technique in advance freestyle and butterfly.

POWER SWIM
Teaches racing technique and preparation to athletes of all levels. Through specially designed workouts and proper stroke management, students will be able to swim faster with efficient technique. The program’s goal is to help you achieve a lifetime of swimming improvement.

POWER TRI 
This program is made for triathletes, starting or developing, to help them start, enjoy and finish their race. Program includes proper techniques in running, cycling, swimming, transitions, race strategies and nutrition.

Mommies, titas, kids and Mr. Angelo Lozada, BLSS VP & COO, & Mrs. Pepper Angeles-Lozada, BLSS Infant & Toddler Aquatic Manager

Bert Lozada Swim School (BLSS)
is a tried and tested swim school since 1956. BLSS was awarded 1st Place Best Swim School Picture 2009 by United States Swim School Conference, and 2005 Best Swim School  by Philippine Marketing Association. 

BLSS has over 70 venues nationwide where you can choose the location near you. Their program is open for all ages, as early as 6 months old to 85 years old, with highly skilled Master Coaches who went to comprehensive formal training courses and seminars abroad, and constantly updated.

International Affiliates
  • United States Swim School Association
  • World Swimming Coaches Association
  • World Aquatic Babies and Children Network
  • World Aquatic Babies Congress
  • Aquatic Achievers Swim Schools
  • Miracle Swimming for Adults


Thank you, Bert Lozada Swim School, Ace Water Spa, Ace Hotel & Suites, Speedo and Toy Kingdom!





Comments

  1. Good job on the writing photos could could have been bigger though so that I can really appreciate the blogpost

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wish to show bigger photos as well for better appreciation.

      Delete
  2. Have been thinking of enrolling Charleybear into a swimming class in rockwell cos lozada is there din ata. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there are also other BLSS around the area (A. Venue, etc.)

      Delete
  3. My son's friends are BLSS kids. They've been swimming with them for three summers now, and they really enjoy the program. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! It really is a good exercise and sport for all ages. :)

      Delete
  4. My son took swimming lessons when he was 4 yrs old and after that, ayaw na niya. I always convince him to try it again because this is a life skill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's ok if he doesn't like ti continue what's important is yung he knows how to swim now.

      Delete
  5. I want to learn din! Tara soon?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad, swimming is part of my boys' school program. It was such joy seeing them with such confidence in the water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear that there are already schools with swimming as part of their school program.

      Delete
  7. I don’t know how to swim even if I took swimming classes in college that’s why gusto ko ienroll sa swimming classes ang kids ko because I know it will save their lives. Sana mapush ko next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's really important to learn how to swim. Ako din first thing in mind is survival. Sila na magdecide they want to pursue as sport.

      Delete
  8. I have no formal swimming lesson but we enrolled our eldest one time in a Summer Class. It's not for competition purposes but rather as a life skill since he loves to swim and we worry he might be drowned if he is not armed with proper skills. We haven't tried Bert Lozada but I have a mommy friend who has been with them ever since and I've heard good reviews too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true that what comes first in our mind is life skill. Maganda talaga sa BLSS they attend seminars yearly and that's out of the country, then they apply here what they learned abroad. I observed galing talaga nila mag handle ng mga kids.

      Delete
  9. I've observed one of my friends' babies take baby swimming lessons. Ang galing how instinctive it is for them to turn when in water even when they're crying! My kids just completed their swimming sessions, we plan to continue when we move to Las Pinas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BLSS can really be trusted to handle babies. Nakakatuwa seeing babies float. Maganda din sis for your kids to continue their swim lesson. :)

      Delete
  10. Everybody needs this life skill :) Teaching the kids how to swim too next summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm definitely enrolling my son next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to hear "cause it's a skill that everyone should have.

      Delete
  12. Same here. I also don't know how to swim so I made sure my kids know how.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I support your decision sis. And if get to have a bigger budget I will also enroll my other kids. Di pa kaya ng budget to enroll all of them at the same time, but definitely I will. :)

      Delete
  13. This is sooo nice, I'm considering getting an adult swimming lesson with my daughters next summer. So informative. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! It's really is good to see families learning together. :)

      Delete
  14. When it comes to swimming lesson, Bert Lozada is the name we mostly read or hear. Good to know how it offers swimming lessons for all ages. -Karen www.momonlinemag.info

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Based on my experience during our trial class with BLSS, I felt confident and happy that although I knew how to swim we still started with the basics just for us to feel the water and be more confident.

      Delete
  15. This is great, I am planning to enroll my kids too next summer swimming class

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear that a lot of moms are thinking of enrolling their kids. :)

      Delete
  16. I really hope they will have lessons here in our place again. Inalis na kasi nila 2 or 3 years ago na.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh sad to hear. Where is that located? I'll check with them if they have a new BLSS near you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

6th Jollibee Family Values Awards: Gabi ng Parangal Para sa Pamilyang Pilipino 2016

Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card Discounts and Rewards

Asia Digital Marketing Conference 2016